Are you ok with...

inconveniencing others to make your life run more smoothly? i have about 6 neighborhood friends and i think one of them uses us to make herlifeeasier. She never attends any of our gatherings but always wants us to keep her kids, donate to her kids causes, and come to her at home business meeting/parties. i had a christmas party and she didnt come. she sent her kids though! he excuse was her and her husband were at home wrapping gifts. really? you work from home. you couldnt wrap those gifts while the kids were at school? anyone else have one these types in their life?

alboston

Asked by alboston at 2:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• nope, but she sounds like a real pain in the behind.
    julie.f

Answer by julie.f at 2:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Sounds like an emotional vampire to me...always taking taking taking.

My life has so much easier since hubby and I consciously cut out the major emotional vampires in our life a few years ago. We don't see our sisters much any more, but our lives are MUCH happier now.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 2:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• yes...my sisters. one of my sisters that moved off i used to watch her kids. and when she got divorced seemed like the only time she wanted me around was to do something for her so she could go out. then i get from the other sister guilt trips every time i don't stop what i am doing and go over to their house or whatever they want me to do. my bf n i are seriously thinkin bout moving just so we don't have to deal with the bs anymore...would make my life easier for sure!!
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• i agree with the emotional vampire.....clearly you need to inform her "if you don't join us for other things, then we are not going to join in yours"
    southernlady184

Answer by southernlady184 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2011