When you hear/read false facts about your religion do you correct it?

I have read one or two things today that I wanted to correct, I started to type the correction and said why bother. I moved to the next question. I doubt anyone listens and I do not really want to debate so why bother?

vntNyll

Asked by vntNyll at 2:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• no
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 5:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I used to try to correct misinformation, but now I take a look at who I am talking to first. If that person is the type of person who is set in their beliefs, and won't change their mind no matter what I say, then I don't waste my time. If it appears to be an innocent mistake by a person who just wasn't taught anything different, then I will at least try correct them.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• If it's an actual fact, yes. If it's someone's opinion, that's different. I can't "correct" someone for saying they believe you need to be a Christian, but I can correct them for saying Heathenry isn't a religion just because they've never heard of it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I try to make a point to address misinformation wherever I find it, whether about my religion or another's.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I do make a point to address any misinformation I see. Most of the times it has been a genuine mistake with no harm intended.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Yes...and although I am an atheist...there is a lOT of false information/ideas about atheists out there. And it drives me crazy that people STILL cling to those ideas.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Generally yes.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 2:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I occasionally do, but only if I know 100% that I have the correct info, myself. And that doesn't happen every day. I'm still a beginner, for the most part, though I've got a couple years of good study.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I try, but many times it doesn't seem to make a difference
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 2:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Most of time but only because most of the false info about my faith is hurtful
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 3:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2011