Whats a good eating schedule for a 5 month old with food? im so confused

my daughter started eating baby food a few weeks ago and i cant for the life of me figure out a good schedule to balance food and a bottle. Ive been doin a morning bottle, then 4 hours later a bottle, 30-60 mins later 1/2 fruit 1/2 veggie, four hours later bottle (and sometimes the other half of the veggie) and 4 hours later bottle and fruit w/ cereal. does that work? whats more important, bottle or food? because sometimes she wont eat her whole bottle after the food. im just confused. if you could give me examples of your schedules with your kids when they started really eating baby food that would help. i know it all depends on her, but shes so hard to read, she doesnt cry ever. so i have no idea when shes hungry. so thank you so much in advance, im sorry if im confusing, im just confused myself!!

Amanduhpanda

Asked by Amanduhpanda at 4:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Our Dr has a schedule of cereal and a fruit, the whole container for breakfast a whole container of fruit and veggie at lunch and veggie and cereal at dinner. The whole container unless she wouldn't take it. Add that with all her regular bottles. I gave a small bottle before the meal and then offered another small one after solids. That's how we did it.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 6:33 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• formula or breastmilk is more important at this age.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• The Gerber website has some awesome feeding charts that I followed for my son and they worked out really well. The charts also make sure you baby is getting enough formula or breast milk.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 4:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• my son is 5 months and ive been giving him baby food when i eat breakfest lunch and dinner and then i breast feed him every 3 hours or if he seems hungery in between
    navywifepam

Answer by navywifepam at 4:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• formula or breastmilk is MUCH more important than solids at months
    UCMamaMandy

Answer by UCMamaMandy at 5:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I agree with navywifepam. Yes, milk is important but so is solid food. She should be eating when you are eating. I gave my children solids for all three meals, however, I included sips of formula or offered the breast right after the meal. As she gets older, she will want snacks in between the meals. Good luck and don't let this stress you.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 6:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Solids are not important at 5 months. A baby gets all of its nutrients it needs from Breat milk or formula at this age. Solids should not be introduced until 6 mo.- 1 year. And even when solids are introduced milk is the most important part of your baby's diet.

Don't worry about how much solids she is getting she is fine. My son is 7 months and not on solids yet. He is a solid 20 lbs. and very healthy.
    Faewds

Answer by Faewds at 7:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2008