Why do the mothers on here bash other mothers for formula feeding their baby when they don't even know why they chose that?!

It makes me so mad to see these mothers bashing other mothers for formula feeding their child when they have no idea what made them decide to do that. What about the mothers that can't BF. My mother tried and tried to BF me but she wouldn't produce milk. However ; she was able to BF my brother. I don't think anyone should judge something they know nothing about.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in General Parenting

• Don't worry about what other peoples views are on Breast Feeding. I have found out that those have always breastfed then they are going to think that is the only way to go. Then you have those who have only used formula and they think that is the only way to go. The way I see it you need to do what is best for you and your baby and don't worry about what other people think or say. My oldest is three and I tried very hard to breastfeed her but unfortunately it did not work out because I did not produce enough milk so I had to switch to formula. My second daughter is 10 months old and I tried breastfeeding again. I did have a lot of milk and I breastfed for three months and then had to stop due to a medication the doctor put me on for postpartum depression. Everyone has their reasons.
    Anonymous

• I agree. I couldn't BF my son even though I wanted to my milk never came in.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 4:31 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• this has been asked a million times on here in the last couple of days. Just ignore what other people have to say. You'll be a lot happier
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 4:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Im not just going to ignore it bc I asked a simple question yesterday about formula and almost ever answer they were trying to bash me for not BF.
    Anonymous

• You can't let people get to you, you will get people who think that if you don't breastfeed then you are a horrible mom. Some people can't breastfeed and some don't want to and there is nothing wrong with bottle feeding or formula.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I know! I just wish people could be nicer on here.
    We're supposed to be adults.
    Anonymous