Chiropractor says my neck is crooked.

i got ex rays by my chiropractor a couple of weeks ago and he said my neck was completely straight instead of curved like it should be, and my c2, c3 and c4 (i think) were all turned in completely different direction. the c2 was all the way to the left, c3 all the way to the right and c4 all the way to the left. also he said one of the vertabrays (sp) in my lower back is pushed inward and their is a "stair step" instead of flush like it should be. anways ive been going to the chiropractor for several months now but the relief never lasts, should i go to my regular doctor and talk to him about other more options?

julie.f

Asked by julie.f at 2:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Health

• When in doubt, get a second and even third or fourth opinion.

Ask the chiropractor that you're working with for a recommendation of another practitioner that he's worked with in the past. Perhaps he could suggest an accupuncturist or homeopath?
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 2:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I would stick with the chiropractor for as long as I could.. Sounds as though surgery is the only thing that will correct your issues long term.. There are risks with surgery of course but if they have to do a fusion you will be very limited in your movements etc... Fusion or any type of cervical or spinal surgery does not mean it is a "fix" either.. Many still have pain and issues after the surgery.. Research fusion surgery and get a good idea of what you will be in for and then talk to your Dr for a referral to a specialist...

Good luck to you.. I have the same issues after a wreck 19 years ago..I see my chiropractor monthly for the past 6 years.. My DH has back problems and he had surgery back in sept.. He still has issues at times and will need a fusion of the lumbar region, his Dr which is excellent wants him to wait because of his age and the limitations he will have after..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• the only weird thing is that im 23, ive never had a major accident. my chiropractor did say that the type problems i have are due to a bad car accident but i've never been in one so im not sure where this is coming from?
    julie.f

Comment by julie.f (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2011