Question about CPS?

Does anyone know the steps for CPS cases? We recently called CPS on my husband's ex, which was much needed. They went out there, but we don't know what happened.

Alittle history on this...my step daughter's mother moves every 6 months, changes numbers every 2 months...now they are living in these nasty lodges where there are drugs, bugs, drunks, fighting, etc. There are at least 5 people living in one. When she comes over, she smells badly. She comes over with many bruises and is always sick. When she has actual boo boos they are usually red, like they haven't been medicated. She has come over with lice like 3 times in the past 6 months. She has cut her hair like 5 times in the past 6 months. Dentist found 11 cavaties last year when she was 2 years old and it took her 8 months to get them fixed after we bugged and bugged her. Now everytime she comes over her gums bleed and are purple. This was done 3 months ago. Her teeth were rotting before and had to get caps. She is almost 4 now. We called CPS 4 times now. As you read earlier they finally went out there. We know they went because the mother contacted my husband saying she was pissed at him for calling. But we didnt tell her we did. Do not comment if you have something negative to say.

Update: My husband's ex texted my husband and was mad because they came out to her. She said they CPS lady said she is in the clear. But now all of a sudden they are moving and my step daughter came over with new clothes and said her brother and sister got some new ones as well. I think that is suspicious, meaning that she told them they needed to get out of there. I dont know though. Then she continued to say that if any of our family calls on her again that she will make up lies to get them on us(we have the text saying this too). We don't know what CPS is going to do. All we know is the little girl is still with her....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• They will investigate and then go from there depending on what they think needs to be done. I don't think they will call and tell you, although you probably will hear in from someone else.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• they call to let the other person know they are coming. they meet with the parent(s) and talk to the children alone.
    they have to review the case and then they will notify the party of their decision
    momand4kids

Answer by momand4kids at 2:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I don't know, I would like to know the process too.
    I recently called CPS because my neighbors 4 year old would wonder around all hours of the morning, day and night by herself. Her parents are characters.

Yup, that's right. Bash away. I will call CPS if your kid knocks at my door at 6:30am wanting to play with my kid if they're under 7, and they wonder around all day/night by themselves with no chaperone.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Someone told me that they would give the report to a supervisor and they will review it and then do what they need to do.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I was just asking to see if anyone else has been through cases with CPS.
    Anonymous

• I have been involved with a CPS case as a temporary guardian for someone's baby. They investigate all parties, may even ask each one questions as well as proof of the abuse/neglect or proof that they that they haven't been neglected/abused. It depends on what the reported abuse was and how old the child/children are. The case then gets sent to a judge where the state steps in as an advocate for the child/children to determine what happened and if the parents are fit. There are several hearing dates and foster care will be involved until the investigation is over. No unsupervised visits by anyone, including parents.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 2:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Anyone can make a report. It is up to the Agency to decide if your complaint merits an investigation.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

Answer by Chloesmom1126 40 minutes ago

---------------------------
    You did the right thing, I think.WHat happened with that? The poor little girl. I bet her parents were on drugs.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• in my experience CPS doesn't seem to serve any good purpose. unfortunately becuz of all the idiots who abuse it, there seem to be just as many legitimate cases that get glossed over and are not fully investigated for whatever reason. I think the system is flawed and people who try to use it as a means to punish an ex have ruined it for those who genuinely need it. I honestly don't know what it takes to get their attention.
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 7:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Well we have legit reasons, not to just get back at his ex. There is more than what was posted on the question, just didnt feel like putting ALL of it. lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2011