Do you have a Facebook account? If so do you ever "like" brands on Facebook?

I just got a Facebook account and I was thinking of "liking" a brand on Facebook in order to enter a Sweepstakes. Has anyone done this before? If yes was it worth it to "like" the brand?

SeattleMom206

Asked by SeattleMom206 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Entertainment

• yes and yes- I get the coupons!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I "like" brands all the time, it's cool to get updates on some of my favorite brands
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• ALL the time... mostly for contests, sometimes because I genuinely like them. And yeah, sometimes you can get coupons and stuff that you might not otherwise get. You can't go wrong. If they start sending too much crap to you, you can always unlike them.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 2:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Yes. I like a few brands and restaurants so I can get their coupons. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• dont do it! you will get spammed constantly!! You can like something to enter the contest and then go back and unlike something and you can also hide all posts from businesses or brands from your wall. Facebook is becoming just one more way to advertise to people.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 3:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• You also get first dibs on some really good sales. A couple weeks ago Old Navy was selling tank tops for $2. Facebook fans were able to print off a coupon and shop a friday while others had to wait on Saturday. I have a separate email address that I created for facebook that doesn't interfere with my other email, to deal with spam, requests, updates, etc.
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 3:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I don't have facebook but a lot of my family does. What does "like" a brand mean/do?
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 7:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Only if there is a sweepstakes involved and then after the winner is chosen, I "unlike."
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2011