When should I put my son in a bed insted of a crib??

He is 14 months and I'm kinda nervis to but him in a big boy bed cause he tosses and tyrnes all night but I'm still not sure when to start thinkin about about gettin him one..

italianmommy90

Asked by italianmommy90 at 2:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When he can climb out of the crib

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Id wait till he was 2 or so... maybe even longer...
    Draghi1101

Answer by Draghi1101 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Put him in one when you think he's ready. My son is a mover when he's asleep too, but he was in a big boy bed at 18 months. I just felt like it was time. If you're worried, get a bed rail to keep him safe. :)
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I agree when he starts climbing out of the crib. You can get side rails for his "big boy bed" so he does not fall out
    momand4kids

Answer by momand4kids at 2:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• as soon as he can walk enough to climb in and out of the bed without risk of hurting himself
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I wouldn't till he's either trying to crawl out of the crib or about 2 yrs depending.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 4:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Well my son is 18 months and I still have him in his crib, he hasn't tried to climb out of it or anything so I agree with the others...wait until he tries to climb out of it or something...my son just plays in his crib lol!
    Hershey_kisses

Answer by Hershey_kisses at 5:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My daughter was in a normal twin size bed as soon as she turned 1. But most people wait until the kid is crawling out of the crib. We didnt want to deal with that so we put her in a bed early. She did just fine and never fell out of bed. But like others mentioned you can buy sides for the bed so he doesnt roll out when you are ready to put him in a big boy bed.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My son will be 3 in September and is still in a crib. He absolutely loves it in there. We are going to switch him at the end of the summer though.
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 8:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• We moved out little girl at 18 months, she loved it! She's only got out twice since Easter, I found her sleeping once in her closet and once in her playhouse. She tossed a lot in her crib too, but I think they know once they are in the bed to stay more in once place is almost always right at top on her pillow in the mornings.
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 11:41 AM on Jul. 7, 2011