Is it crabby day for preschoolers today?

my 3 year old since he woke up this morning has been nothing but crabby, its like he woke up on the wrong side of the bed the last couple of days and today is worse. I know its my fault since we had friends from out of state visit us and stay with us for a week and my 3 year old stayed up until 9:30 or 10pm and woke up at 7am, and didn't get naps at all last week. Then on Sunday we went to some fireworks, he got a nap in but only slept a half hr and didn't get to bed until 11pm ans woke up at 7am Monday morning.
I know since his schedule is thrown off for a week he is really off, but today he is horrible.
This morning he woke up and i asked him what he wanted for breakfast and he said to me Nothing mommy. I said but Honey u need to eat something in the morning it makes us happy. So finally after 5mins of bickering with him he finally said pancakes and sausage and strawberries with milk. So i made it for him. then i told him i had to get his brother ready for his 9month pics and he was fine. When it was time to go, i asked him nicely to put away his toys, he yells at me and says you do it mom, and when i told him you took the toys out, you need to clean it up. He got mad at me and said fine but i hate you mommy. I said that's fine but i love you. He argued with me all the way to the picture place. We get out, go meet his dad for dads lunch break since we had an hr to pass. my son kept getting out of the booth, so i warned him once he needs to sit or i am going to put him in the high chair and take his toy away he brought with him. He got up after i warned him, i put him in the high chair and took his toy away, he then proceeded to kick me, and try to hit me. I ignored his behavior. Then it came time for my other sons pics. The picture lady gave him blocks for one of his pics and my3 year old kept getting in the picture and taking blocks away. So i told him to go to his train and play and when the picture lady is done she will let u have the blocks. He didn't listen so the picture lady (who i am friends with) yelled at him and told him he couldn't have the blocks. So then he threatened to run off into the store. I then put him back in the cart. He then asked the picture lady if he could have the blocks and she said ok, but 3 of them only. He kept sneaking blocks so she put the blocks away. Finally pics are over and i put my youngest in the cart and put my crabby son in the cart. He screamed at me while we were going over pics. So i then said fine but sit on the chair then, he just kept screaming. Finally time to go.
We get home, he plays for a bit with his brother and his tractors, then it was time for lunch. He ate, and after eating he played. I then told him to go potty so he can go lay down for nap time. He screamed at me and said i hate u mommy, ur mean. I said you can think that but i just know your tired and need a nap.
He fought me for 15mins and fell asleep, i sure hope he wakes up in a better mood after his nap.
Is it just me or is he just that messed up from his schedule change, or is all kids crabby today or just mine

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 4 yr old has crabby days...today was only 1/2 crabby...she started off crabby but since nap she hasnt been to bad
    LadyOsgood

Answer by LadyOsgood at 3:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2011