Any new ideas other than just plain spaghetti?

I am making spaghetti for supper tonight, but is there any other new ways of doing it other than just plain old spaghetti and garlic bread?

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 2:50 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Food & Drink

• add cheese and make it like a spaghetti casserole
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Make meatballs or change up the kind of noodles you use. I like to make baked zit. Add diced bell peppers to it or onions.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I brown ground beef or venison with some onion & garlic in a little bit of olive oil, throw in some chopped bell pepper and then add the tomato sauce. Any roasted green vegetable works really well as a side (green beans, asparagus, broccoli).

If you're looking for other things - a white sauce with sauteed shrimp and parm. cheese over spaghetti is pretty good. I finish it with fresh basil and lemon juice or fresh cilantro and lime juice. You could also go Asian with it - peanut or sesame base with stir-fry veggies and pork, chicken, beef or shrimp - kind of like a lo mein.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• my husband don't like peppers or onions, and how do u make a casserole out of it, do u boil the noodles and then bake it with the sauce and then let it bake with the cheese on it til it melts.
    2boysyahoo.com

Comment by 2boysyahoo.com (original poster) at 2:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Saute sausage, peppers and onions and toss them in.
    You can put any sauce or veggie on speghetti.
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 2:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• yep and you can add pepperoni to it and make it Pizza baked spaghetti!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Yes, boil the noodles and mix them with the meat and sauce. Put it in a 13X 9 pan and add mozzerella cheese on top. Bake for about 45 mins or until it's nice and bubbly. I also layer cheese in with the noodles too. It is delish!
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 3:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• bake it. Make spaghetti like normal, top with cheese and put in the oven!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Ok for baking it, do i cook the meat first, and mix the meat in the sauce, and then layer the noodles, meat and sauce mixture and then add cheese on top of that. need an answer fast my noodles are boiling
    2boysyahoo.com

Comment by 2boysyahoo.com (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Have you tried spaghetti squash? I made some spaghetti a while back that was some sort of squash and chickpea recipe. It was a big hit, but I wanted it to be saucier.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2011