Why am i in such intense pain after sex while pregnant?

I understand that being too rough or having too much sex when youre pregnant can cause you to be a little sore afterwards... Im 36 weeks pregnant and for about a month and a half now, everytime my husband and i have sex, I am in excruciating pain for about 5 to 8 hours afterwards, it started hurting when i would be on top, so we just decided he would be on top everytime. But as time went on it got worse... after sex ill be ok for maybe 5 minutes then my pelvic area feels like its going to fall out.. when i try to flip over in the bed it takes forever because if i move quickly my pelvis feels like its moving in the opposite direction! i even get sick afterwards... and my lower back hurts so badly!! we try to take it so easy and do shallow penetration but even that is getting to me. Ive decided to stop bc to me, nothing is worth this pain. I was having to even call into work if we had sex the night before because i could not walk. does anyone have any suggestions for this or anything? we wont have sex because of this, but we still really want to.

Rose.Belangia

Asked by Rose.Belangia at 2:51 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like typical discomforts associated with the third trimester. There really isn't anything that you could do, other than wait til after delivery and see how things are then.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• If it hurts to have sex with your husband stop. there are other way to please him and you and still get the satisfaction you and him want like hand jobs or blow jobs. Just don't have him go in you if it hurts. If your that concerned call your doctor, your almost at the end so maybe your pelvic and cervix is getting ready for the birth.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 2:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I have the same problem!It really sucks :( I think its because so much inside of your body has changed, there is soooo much pressure down there etc that normal sexual positions are painful. We have found that doing it Doggy style is most comfortable for me... but... it still can be painful! Im so sorry! I have pretty much just decided on no more sex until 6 weeks after baby is born :(
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 2:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Outercourse is the way to go.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 2:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• i am only 32 weeks preggo , tried different ways last night and was in pain for the first time , i dont know if it was just because of beign tired and what not . im going to try again though before we give up for a while, i know there are other ways to please him also
    jenn660

Answer by jenn660 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• ive hear rear entry position.. (the spooning position) is a good way.. i havent tried it yet but i might
    Rose.Belangia

Comment by Rose.Belangia (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2011