What is your most treasured piece of ...........

jewelry and why? I have two.......my wedding rings were my mother's who had passed away 2 years prior. And a gold locket we (my DH paid half) bought with some money my mom left me.

Dahis

Asked by Dahis at 2:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• A ring that has a red ruby and is designed to look like a belt. It was my great grandma's who gave it to my grandma on her 16th birthday. My grandma gave it to my mom (who is the oldest of 4 girls) on her 16th birthday and it was passed down to me on my 16th birthday. Hopefully I have a girl one day or i'll probably give it to my niece.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 3:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Jewelry.. hmm.. my three heart ring i guess. I always said that the ring has three hearts, one for each of the girls and one for myself so we are always together.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My wedding Ring :) for obvious reasons of course but Otherwise my son made me a necklace out of fun bubble letters I actually wear which is adorable. .
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My ring. It is made from two family pieces. It started as a white gold ruby ring with a diamond wrap, and we had the ruby removed and the diamond from my mother and father's wedding set put in. Then we put the ruby into a necklace for one of my daughters to have. We looked at rings in the chain stores (Kay's, etc) but didn't find any that didn't look "cookie cutter" to me, so not only did I get a custom piece of jewelry, but one that feels even more special to me because it is now a family heirloom.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I have a mother's ring with all my kids birth stones on it and a grandmother necklace with all my grandkids birthstones
    southernlady184

Answer by southernlady184 at 4:05 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My engagement ring. DH bought it for me with money he saved from his summer job the year before we got married. I can't wear it, though, which really pisses me off. It's so "me" and it's white gold. *Sigh* I wore it for months with no problems, as well as other gold jewelry, and then we got it sized down to fit me and after that I couldn't wear gold at all.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• A sterling silver necklace that says "Princess"

Not worth anything but sentimentally priceless.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2011