Can someone be addicted to nuts (like cashews, almonds, pecans) ?

I keep finding cans of nuts stashed all around the house, empty cans, full cans... My husband and I are on a weight loss thing and we are supposed to be cutting back, but he says that he dreams of having an almond sometimes and is very grumpy and sometimes has headaches until he has some...

How can I help him get over it, and could he be addicted or is he just being greedy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I think he is low on the protein and healthy fats that are in nuts. I would try to add some of these into his diet through other foods and see if it is easier to get rid of the nuts that way.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Are you vegetarians? Some vegetarians crave nuts to compensate the lack of protein from the meat.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Nope not vegetarians, I don't understand and they are expensive.. I mean there are cans in his car, under the bed, in cabinents, I was taking out the trash and there was a target bag full of empty cans in the trash. This can't be good for his digestion and calorie wise, no wonder he is just maintaining and not losing anymore.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Nuts are actually very good for you. The fat is plant based and have excellent fiber

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2011