Any cute ideas/suggestions on how to ask a friend to be the Godmother of your child?

She has been my friend since we were 12...I'm 26 now. I'm open for any & all ideas. This is my first child.

DavaneeKalei

Asked by DavaneeKalei at 3:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you wait till the baby's born you could have the baby wear a onsie with a cute saying about the godmother.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 3:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I like skittles1108's idea. Also, you could make her a tshirt that says "Godmother" or something and give it to her at the baby shower? Something along those lines?
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 3:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I'm not religious, but we are the "godparents" of our friends' children. They told us that they wanted to pick a couple who they knew could be models of love, morality, and stability, and they knew that in a rocky world, we could offer that to their children, and asked us. I cried and thought it was so sweet. Maybe you could give them the sincere reasons you chose them, because it will be something they remember.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• one of those necklace that you get one piece and they get the other piece of the necklace. Could even have the date on it.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2011