Is redneck the same as mountaineer?What do these mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I am a mountaineer i live in the state of west virginia we wear shoes an most of us have our teeth,lol we have all modern conveniences of every other state. I would not even put a mountaineer in the same class as a redneck.I think that a lot of ppl in this state are some what isolated b/c it's rural countryside. But not in the capitol city charleston,it's nice and clean i love living here. To the op i am almost insulted for this question, but i guess you did'nt know or u would'nt ask.So a redneck is someone you would meet like on jerry springer, that lives in a tralier
    has multiable sex parteners and has hardly any teeth, dirty all together, and to top it off is rasist!
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 5:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• no they aren't the same thing
    Anonymous

• I have no idea, but I would rather be a mountineer, I think:)
    Anonymous

• I think rednecks are a breed all their own! Have you never heard of Jeff Foxworthy's jokes on this subject? If you have ever taken a beer to a job interview...you might be a redneck...if you go to your family reunion looking for women...you might be a redneck...if your front porch colapses and kills more than three dogs...you might be a redneck...If you friend buys a new home and you have to help take the wheels off of it...you might be a redneck! He is very funny!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• To me, a redneck is a person who will fight at the drop of a hat. Also. someone who engages in low-class behavior. Like some of those Jeff Foxworthy definitions: "Do you look for dates at your family reunion? Then you might be a redneck.!" "If someone yells, ' Hoedown!' and your girlfriend hits the deck--you might be a redneck", etc. A mountaineer is simply a person who lives in the mountains.Best definitions I can come up with. Sorry if I'm wrong.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 4:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I think of a mountaineer as being isolated, living simply, raising or hunting his own food. A redneck lives simply but may have modern conveniences such as a nice TV or pickup. I think of him going to bars and socializing, which by no means that he is a drunk. Doing manual labor. These are just impressions and may be wrong.

Answer by Bmat at 4:59 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• No, quite different.

Redneck: This is an insult...unless you're a PROUD redneck...then its a joke at your expense. I live in Oklahoma and I'm surrounded by rednecks. Imagine a person with a couch on their porch, or lawn, 10 unrunning vehicles in their front yard, more lawnmowers than you can count. A goat tied to a tree....get the idea? That's my former neighbor. I think it's a nice way of saying White trash.

Mountaineer: Someone who lives in isolation at their own request. The way their house is kept is nothing in comparison to a redneck who is just trashy. A mountain man is more of a hobbit and keeps to himself and lives off the land.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 5:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Redneck definitions by Urbandictionary.com

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=redneck
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 5:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• And one for Mountaineer.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mountaineer
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2008