What do you think about beauty pagents?

What are everyone's thoughts on beauty pagents? Glitz and non glitz. No bashing the ones that agree please

AudinCadesMommy

Asked by AudinCadesMommy at 3:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm not really a fan but I understand that there are some benefits for the participants, particularly in the natural pageants (poise, confidence, public speaking, talent and skill development and scholarships).
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 3:22 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Not a fan. Now days they are filled with silicone boobs, have had plastic srgery on their faces, liposuction,botox, etc. until they are perfect little plastic Barbies. Years ago, there were real women with real talents and brains. I just don't watch anymore.
    ANd the pageants for little girks are just horrible. They are wearing grown up makeup and sexy clothes. Ugh.
    t is so superficial. Looks do not get you anywhere. Your life means something when you work on your intelligence and heart and maturity....NOT your looks.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 4:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I would never put my kid in them as a child. I dont want her to focus on physical appearance so young -- she will get plenty of that later in life!... Plus the money that is involved in those things can be rediculous!
    If DD wanted to get in small stuff like local Festival pageants or something when she is older I wouldnt have a problem with it if she had the right attitude about it..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I hate them. I won't say more because I tend to get heated on this subject lol. I will say that if the person entering is old enough to make their own decisions and know all the pros and cons, then that's for them to decide.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I think it's kids' show. I would love to watch it, I would take my daughter to see other babies, as she says. And as long, as the beauty pagent doesn't become the battle field of girls and parent involved, i, personally think, it's wonderful.
    LadyGI

Answer by LadyGI at 5:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2011