Is this normal?

My 13 year old daughter is constantly moody.She always has an additide,and is easily annoyed even when she's not on her period.She doesn't want anything to do with me or her dad.She barley ever leaves the house,and she spends alot of time by herself in her room.Is this normal for a teenager?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Yep!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• sometimes yes, but could be depression too.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Sounds normal to me. I was a moody teenager. It doesnt matter she isnt on her period her hormones are still all over the place
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Yep, gotta love the teenage years..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I think it is completely normal. Do you know what she is doing while in her room? My teenage daughter spends a lot of time reading and I require that her door stay unlocked so that I can peek in on her from time to time.
    mommymelissa504

Answer by mommymelissa504 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• sounds like my 13 year old...moody and miserable! lol
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 3:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• It depends on the teenager. Ours haven't acted like that - including our daughter.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I think it depends on the teen, I was like this as a teenager but neither of my boys are. They enjoy spending time in the family room with me and if they aren't with me they are are always on the go with activities or friends.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I have three girls and they were/are all different but there was a lot going on with their parent situation, on top of school, and hormones, and their friend status. Regardless, I could always get them to go with me or without me to visit and/or spend the night with my sister. A real outlet for them and with someone I trust. They would talk with her about things they would not talk to me about. They could express themselves (happy or sad or depressed). She would get them up and moving as well, and keep me clued in. To this day they love her dearly. Even when she tells them to drop the drama or get up off the couch and do something. Got to love your sisters! Maybe there is someone you and your daughter can go visit together?
    kathleen0000

Answer by kathleen0000 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Sounds like my 11 yr. old. She looks 14 and has the hormones of a teen. It's gonna be a fun ride. She was so easy as a toddler and her older brother was a hellion. Now the rolls are reversed, so I might get some peace with him (until he discovers girls that is.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2011