What is good home remedies for heartburn?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Health

• baking soda diluted in water

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• thankx
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• peppermint candy or tea. Even chewing peppermint gum will help
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I drink milk or eat yogurt. I think I heard something about lemonade which you would think wouldn't work but apparently it does.
    ChicaThis

Answer by ChicaThis at 3:51 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I had alot of tums. Are you pregnant? don't do the baking soda and water if you are, I through up. My blog talks all about that experience.
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 4:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• MILK MILK MILK ...and tums ;)
    courtneyseibert

Answer by courtneyseibert at 5:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Milk or peppermint. Also, to avoid it in the future, try not to eat too much at one time, avoid fried or fatty foods, avoid having too much coffee or chocolate, and cut down on onions. You should also try keeping a food log for awhile, and document when you have heart burn after eating. If you can pinpoint the foods that trigger it for you, you can cut down on those foods. Also, be sure to stay upright for at least 30 minutes after you eat, otherwise the food can back up into your esophagus (which is what causes heartburn). Overeating is one of the biggest triggers. I've been in the process of losing weight, and I haven't had heartburn once since I stopped overeating. Prevention is more effective than treatment. Heartburn can lead to esophageal cancer, which can be fatal. Try to avoid it if you can.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Milk always helped me.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 7:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• make chamomile tea then pour it over ice.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2011