Illegal Aliens who commit crimes in the U.S.

Example:  Mexican National Set for Execution in Texas Despite Obama's Pleas for Delay

The man was convicted in 1994 of the rape and murder of a 16 yr old girl

Yes, he was born in Mexico ......BUT has lived in the US since the age of two.......

He is an ILLEGAL ALIEN

QUESTION: If police are NOT allowed to ask about citizenship status when they make arrests, how were they supposed to know Leal was in the US illegally when they arrested him?

QUESTION:  Could the consular services agenda become a free pass card for illegal aliens caught committing other crimes, if it succeeds in this case?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• They probably found out when the finger printed him. I don't give two shits if you are a legal or illegal criminal in this country, you are afforded OUR god damn constitutional protections, you don't get your cake and it it too. You will pay the price as well.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• silly me, I thought we deported illegals when they were caught or committed a crime here in Texas.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• 1. There wouldn't be a way to know.

2. Actually, I think this could be a way of pushing the cost of defense onto the Mexican government. Not legal? THen you're not entitled to an American defense attorney.

Zoe, they only get deported when convicted or acquitted. They have to pay the penalty, you know?

Answer by gdiamante at 3:51 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I don't understand holding illegal immigrants to a lower standard than we hold our own citizens. He committed a heinous crime and a jury of his peers decided his fate.  If he didn't want to die on death row, he shouldn't have committed murder and certainly not in Texas.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Oh, sorry, and yes, I believe that if this succeeds that it will be grounds for all illegals to ask for favors.  One could even guess that they may feel entitled.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My MIL is first generation here from Japan. She has been here for about 40 years, has been married, had children, etc AFTER becoming a legal citizen. She STILL carries her green card everywhere she goes because that is what she was TOLD to do when she got it, and it is what you SHOULD do.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Police are allowed to ask about citizenship. Police can ask oyu anything they want, some questions you aren't required by law to answer. If he wasn't given his due process then boo on us. I'd like international laws to apply to me, should i ever commit a crime in a foreign country, so i'm happy to extend them to others.

If he is allowed access to his consulate then he should have been outright denied access, especially after being asked by elected officials world wide.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• This man came ilegal from mexico? did a crime and go to usa jail?
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• It is just like that Survivor producer who likely killed his wife in Mexico while on vacation . . . he has now been extradited back to Mexico to go on trial for the murder. He will serve his sentence abroad if he is convicted.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Of course, get your free pass and you can vote, too, with the right assistance... jmo~~~
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 8:22 PM on Jul. 6, 2011