Feeling like a single mom all over again

I am a 24 year old with a 4 year old from a previous relationship, and expecting my 2nd son in two weeks. I couldnt be happier about my family except sometimes I feel a bit worn out. My S/o and I are planning to get married next year, a rather small wedding, since we don't really have to many people to attend. I am stayin home for awhile to raise my youngest and prepare my oldest for school next year, and I work from home on the side (my father owns his own business).

I get up at 7 and I got to sleep around 10 awaken at 1am looking for keys badges (SO has bad memory problems) I finally doze off around 4am and get back up at 7am. I get 5 to 6 hours of sleep max even on weekends.

My SO gets up at 1am for work at 235 gets home by 10am eats feeds the dog, trash, and goes to sleep wakes up around 5pm and is back sleep by 730. he sleeps average 11 to 12 hours a day. This is sleep schedule unless he goes out with friends on the weekends.

My son is up by 7 am and takes a nap midday then is in bed my 8pm.

Even on weekends its like this. I've tried to convince him maybe he should get another job or change shifts but, he 'loves' his job. He has a sleeping disorder but doesn't want to go to the doc. because they'll put him on meds but Im running myself ragged. theI told him at this rate I'm better off alone and we got into a big argument but its true, I still feel like a single mom. We came up with schedules but that lasted only so long. I've asked him to help out more, I spend most of my time and money in on the family, I never go out alone or have any me time to sleep or just take a bath if I wanted. What would you do in this situation? How would you feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• Have you tried talking to him about helping you out a little?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I guess I'm confused. Do you want to spend more time with hubby? Don't you have from 5-7:30 every night? Is it that you need more help around the house?
    Anonymous

• SO technically you are getting 9 hours of sleep a night, although broken at least once a night
    he is getting almost 11..And has a sleep disorder. you are full time mom and part time working and he is working 1 job, but almost doesn't seem like it is 40 hours... I think you need to give him more duties while he's home to help even this out and make it less stressful for you.You might never get to do anything about your wake up and bedtime but the duties in between need to be spread out more
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• the time frame is an average sometimes he goes to sleep at 2 and never wakes up until 1am the next morning. I want help and Qt. If i wanted to be responsible for the house and always alone, online, or running errands...its easier to be single.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• no i sleep six hours average I wake up at 1am to help him get ready for work back sleep around4am
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Its just alot being 9 months pregnant taking care of a 4yo the house and working..I dont know how I'll manage when my son is born
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Yep, it's a lot. But you'll manage, because that is what moms do :)
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• You guys just need to rework your schedules.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 5:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2011