How can I register my dog for a license if I don't have her spay certificate?

I got my dog and she was already spayed, but I have no documentation of this. Is there any way I can register my dog for a license with the city without having to pay the $90 fee for unaltered dogs. It's only $20 for fixed animals. They assume the dogs aren't fixed unless there is proof, but I don't have it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Pets

• ask your vet to get you one because, clearly, your dog is fixed
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:05 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Can you request it from where you got the dog from?
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:05 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• call the place where you got her and get it. Or take her to a vet and have them issue her one once they proven she's been spayed.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:05 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Your vet should be able to provide certification.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 4:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• The vet that spayed her should be able to get you something.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Even if you don't know THE vet that spayed her, any vet should be able to verify that she IS spayed. There should be scar tissue around where the spaying was done. A vet visit might cost you $40.00, but will still save you money over paying the un-neutered fee. And once you have that vet certificate, you won't need to replace it ever again. As a final choice, some cities provide free or reduced rate neutering services a couple times a year. Ask your vet when one of these clinics is, and you might get THAT vet to give you the spayed certificate.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 10:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• oh yeah, the vet will be able to tell, may take an ultrasound, but maybe not
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2011