Is This True

Is it true that morning sickness is a sign of a healthy pregnancy?

breanngd09

Asked by breanngd09 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• No, I didnt have morning sickness but I had very healthy pregnancies until the last month
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I think that's an old wives' tale. I don't think there's any solid evidence for it.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Morning sickness is usually a sign that the hormones that help keep a pregnancy viable are increasing. But there are plenty of women who never experience morning sickness and go on to have healthy pregnancies.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 4:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I think that is a wives tale. I never had any morning sickness with my first, and I had a healthy (and enjoyable pregnancy). This time I have had morning sickness. I don't feel very healthy and I certainly am not eating the balanced diet that is best for a healthy pregnancy. I'm just eating whatever doesn't make my nauseous.

asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 4:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I never had morning sickness with my 1st and I had late morning sickness 3rd trimester with 2nd baby
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 4:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• It may be among the most unpleasant aspects of pregnancy, but studies have shown a lower rate of miscarriage among women with nausea and vomiting of any severity during pregnancy.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/lifestyle/health/article/Reality-Check-Is-morning-sickness-the-sign-of-a-1225583.php#ixzz1RMSyEX3L
    Hubbys

Answer by Hubbys at 5:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Nope. Morning sickneses arevrelated to hormonal changes that affects the body and it's ability to adapt to growing the baby inside. Some women are more sensitive to hormonal changes than others. :)
    LadyGI

Answer by LadyGI at 5:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Not at all. I suffered from a very severe form of it with all of my pregnancies called hyperemesis gravidarum. I couldn't hold anything at all down and had to be put in the hospital for IVs so we could get fluids to survive. I sure wouldn't describe any of my pregnancies as healthy, however I should add I had 3 healthy little girls!
    PTmomma3

Answer by PTmomma3 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2011