PLEASE HELP Both my kids are sick what should I do????

DD had a 103 fever last night 102 @ 5am and 101 all day today. DS has been 100 consistent. Dr. can't get us in today and I can't get the kids fevers down. I have the AC blasting and they are running in their underwear and I've been giving motrin and tylenol like the dr said but its not really helping. What would be your next step? Wait it out or ???

myownhappiness

Asked by myownhappiness at 4:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Health

• Read this on fevers. http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/childhood-illnesses/fever Keep them hydrated, with water, clear pop or even Gatorade. (no red)

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• you can try cool wash cloths under the arms and in the groin, but if it is around 100, I would let it be until it starts rising. You don't want to completely get rid of it, because it is helping to fight off whatever they've got.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:17 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• my 2 year old refuses to drink anything
    myownhappiness

Comment by myownhappiness (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I would wait it out unless the fevers started spiking again. Fever is the body's way of fighting infection so, in a sense, its a good thing. As long as they seem normal, not overly lethargic or delirious, I would just continue with the motrin/tylenol and make sure they have plenty of fluids and see the doctor in the morning.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• If she won't drink, how about popsicles?
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• thank you ladies
    myownhappiness

Comment by myownhappiness (original poster) at 4:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Do you have a syringe? Give he/she liquids that way. He/she will become dehydrated and may end up in the hospital. Fevers can go up and down and last for several days. As long as they aren't lethargic, I wouldn't worry too much, yet.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• cool (not cold) bath
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2011