BPA in bottles....

On BPA in bottles, when is it that it comes out? I know you aren't suppose to microwave the bottles, but what about when i boil them to steralize them. Are they safe again after they cool off? What about when i am warning the bottle. I put a bowl of water in the microwave and get it hot. Then i set the bottle in the water to warm the milk? Is that dangerous? Does it release the BPA into the milk that way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont think it matters how or what you do. If the bottle contains bpa theres exposure. They make bpa free bottles. You can google it!! GOOD LUCK!
    ashlee31627

Answer by ashlee31627 at 4:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• from what i researched its just when you microwave them and put them in the dishwasher that is making it come off. But honestly lets get real we all drink out of these bottles as babies infact my 7year old did to hes fine im fine so i really dont know how much you should stress about it.
    Anonymous

• I use glass bottles. I dont know.
    Anonymous

• I use Dr Browns, they are bpa free.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Honestly any plastic bottle is going to release something that will eventually cause harm. My husband has been taking polymer classes and says that yes bpa is bad for you but any plastic you use, if you scratch it or heat it up or pretty much anything else to it and it cause some harm. He thinks people are silly for seeing about this and freaking out so much....I tend to agree.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 6:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Even small amounts of heat release the BPA. Have you thought of switching to glass or BPA free? There are brands out there like BornFree that are BPA free.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 7:05 PM on Dec. 16, 2008