Could or Am I pregnant and not know it?

I just had my Iud(Mirena) taken out on June 14th 2011 after having it for 2 years. I have been with my bf for 4 months and yes we have had unprotected sex a few times and I was supposed 2 start my period on July 7th but I started spotting on July 4th. On july 5th, it was really heavy and today it slowed down to where it was when I started, so.. Whats wrong with my body? Am I having my period early?

jessicakay006

Asked by jessicakay006 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You have had an IUD in you period is going to be screwy for a while
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• sounds like your first period after removal.. it might be a doosy! Check with your doctor if it gets worse that a normal period or lasts longer than a period
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• i am sure your ob/gyn told you that your period will be irregular for quite a while once you get the mirena out. your body will take a while to adjust to the lack of hormones. your period wasn't really that much early....you may be on a different cycle length than before. i'm not sure why you would associate a period with being pregnant.......
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I had my period June 10th through the 13th. I had my iud removed on June 14th 2011.
    jessicakay006

Comment by jessicakay006 (original poster) at 4:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• your only a week early, your body is just getting used to being off birth control
    chelsie2011

Answer by chelsie2011 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2011