Baby Number 2

I was just wondering how long it took other moms to conceive baby number two. I am breastfeeding my baby but giving him maybe 8 oz. of formula a day and I just recently started my first period since I had him. My husband and I want to have another baby but I wasn't sure how quickly we could get pregnant if I'm still breastfeeding most of the time.

fergie92

Asked by fergie92 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• you can still get prego when breastfeeding...a friend of mine did and her little one was only about 6 months old.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Some women can but it can reduce the chance that you ovulate regularly(hence why some people use it as birth control) ,but if you have your period back it's a good sign.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 4:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• i got my period back at 6 weeks pp after baby #2 and was pregnant 6 months later. i think it took me 3 months to concieve when i wasn't ebf (well, with the first one it took me 2 weeks lol). i don't think that ebf changes very much
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 4:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• so it probably won't take too long to get pregnant again then?
    fergie92

Comment by fergie92 (original poster) at 4:50 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I had my baby number 2 in October of 2010. I stopped my Birth control just a day after Christmas. The second week in January i found out i was pregnant with him. My kids are 2 and half years apart.
    some women can have a baby right after the first child was born.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 4:51 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My friend concieved whilst breast feeding her first child so i guess it is possible x
    BabyMad93

Answer by BabyMad93 at 6:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2011