Pushing SO away, when i really don't want to

why i keep doing that? now he says he has errands when he really doesn't just to get away from me. i would too if i were him. i try to be nice but i just have a very short fuse lately. but it's more than that, i really think i am borderline (personality disorder). my mom is...and im in an abnormal psych class..all the symptoms seem to match. i have a therapist she said she's not sure yet. the causes are 99% from a traumatic childhood...but i never had that! my mom is just bipolar but it didnt affect me really until i was in my teens.
is anyone else this way, where you push away those you love the most? it makes me sad and i want to stop doing it but i just get frustrated easily. suggestions? similar stories to share?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• my husband does this to me, he has ptsd and depression. all i know is if your SO really wants it to work, he will be patient.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I am familiar with some of what you are describing here. If you need someone to talk to, I am here. Feel free to friend me.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 4:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• thanks
    my mom does this too
    it's a "i hate you don't leave me" attitude
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I am in the same boat. I dont know what to do anymore. I should be extremely happy everything is going good in my life. yet i am still stand offish and grouchy. I have tryed just about everything i can think of. so if u figure out what helps please let me know
    Alina456

Answer by Alina456 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• will do alina 456
    i think for me i have to stop caring so much about SO
    sounds crazy but the whole "men love bitches" attitude might help me out a bit.
    that way if he hurts me i can think..whatever...and really mean it..that way it's no sweat off my back.
    thoughts on this idea?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2011