Does your MIL make you want to change your phone number?

Its bad enough she lives in the back house and I see her everyday but she calls every single day and most days she calls 5 or 6 times. I know she is lonely or bored since she retired but its not my job to keep her mind busy. I wish she would find something to do. Even if I word it nicely or mean that she calls too much she doesn't give an F >:( What the heck do I do? If I unplug the phone she thinks its an emergency that I don't answer and rushes over and rings the doorbell until I answer

myownhappiness

Asked by myownhappiness at 4:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I wish I was lucky enough to just get phone calls from my m.i.l.
    She lives with us and let me tell you she make me wants to move to a diffrent country. Lol... Just imagine the exorcist times ten. Yep, that describe's her perfectly.
    Destiny839

Answer by Destiny839 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I wish my MIL would call more often, love that woman!

Ask MIL not to call so often or invite her over and help her find a hobby.. like online games through pogo.com or something
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• She is family. Better this than she ignored you and did not care.
    You will be a MIL someday. You have no idea what your needs will be.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• no, considering she never calls me anyway. she's too busy being stuck up my sil and her daughter's ass that me and my family don't even cross her mind.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My MIL lives with me, i know exactly what your going threw. i know she means well but i just cant wait till her apartment is finished so she can get the hell out of my house!!!
    chelsie2011

Answer by chelsie2011 at 4:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I know exactly what you mean, but it's my mother that is the problem. If I do not answer my cell phone or her texts she has literally ran over to my house and knocked on the door with the phone in her hand calling 911. Not joking!!! I seriously had the urge to bash my phone into a million peices just last night!!!!
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Eh sometimes, but I know the conversations won't last forever.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Yeah I help her out I give her my kids lol. She calls and asks for them so I say sure take them. I finally get some decent cleaning and me time. Its helped but I hate phones. I have a thing against them. If they ring my nerves wont let me rest until I pick up the phone. And I hate talking period not just on the phone but in general. But I used to like to talk but when I'm around her she talks non stop I'm not kidding. I can never get a word in edgewise and she never comes up for a breath everyone tells her she talks too much or needs a mute button. Everyone on her side of the family is surprised I haven't been committed to the psych ward yet
    myownhappiness

Comment by myownhappiness (original poster) at 5:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• OMG DJsMommy that made me real sad :( you are totally right
    myownhappiness

Comment by myownhappiness (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Don't be sad! Just keep in mind you will eventually hang up and continue with what you were doing or keep doing it as you talk. One day you might miss the phone going crazy. Perfect example, my mom. I'm always rushing her off the phone or avoid her from time to time because I don't wanna "deal" but then if she goes away, like down to the shore or to visit family in another state, i'm blowing her phone up like there's no tomorrow. She laughs about it all the time, she says "You only want me when i'm not around!!" lol
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2011