Please answer if you have an almost 2 year old co-sleeper

she has been co-sleeping for a while now and its to a point where she doesnt even want to go in her bed. We recently moved and i felt more comfortable w/the crib in our room (which i recently converted into a day bed) and that didnt intice her to go in the bed either..

any ideas? should i push it or will she go on her own when ready? im thinking of trying to get her to nap during the day in my bed then moving her into her bed and do that a few x's and see what happens...maybe she will get use to it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I transitioned slowly. I set up camp in the my kid's room. So, if he wakes, i go in, lay down, and leave again after he is asleep. He is used to waking up alone in his room now, but knows I will come if he calls.

I did this with my other child, as well. Eventually, she would wake, and decide it was too much trouble to call for me, and just put herself back to sleep. Now, when she goes to bed, I don't hear from her a all until morning.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• we're going to start transitioning as soon as my dad leaves from visiting--just had a baby 3, almost 4, weeks ago and we have my stepdaughter in with no extra room or beds. lol

I agree with imaginationmama, try it slowly (not to mention it's what i'm going to do). it may be a shock to have the crib as a day bed. so try the naps to start out with, maybe get her some new "big girl" bedding and let her pick it out..or something that she can have specifically for bedtime/naptime. good luck! it'll be hard, but you can do it. i found a lot of times getting dd to nap in her bed, that if she had my "scent" around then she would sleep better..like a pillow i had slept on or my tshirt on a pillow.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 5:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Oh, and if you are ready to transition . . .we just got a twin mattress and put it on the floor. The rest of the room is completely babyproof, and we put a gate up at the door entrance, so the little ones wont roam without me knowing it. That takes care of transition to the bed, eventually.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• my 2.5y/o DD so-sleeps with me & my DH,but mostly when my DH is offshore when he is home she doesnt want to sleep in her toddler bed she rather sleep on the floor idk why but she sleeps all night long on the floor watching her fav movies on her travel tv/dvd player!
    Chelhaidax

Answer by Chelhaidax at 11:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• What worked for my oldest was getting her a toddler bedding set in her favorite characters. Also we did not make a big deal of it, if we had tried to force the issue she would have stopped sleeping. She is pretty good about it now 2 years later and only tries to sleep with us if there is thunder or it is really hot.
    bebcarroll

Answer by bebcarroll at 7:39 AM on Jul. 7, 2011