Everyone who say the people on PA need to get off their ass and work...

you do realize that a two parent how with both parents working min wage jobs they would STILL be on PA right? Min wage was not created for families to live off of. It was created to prevent child sweat shops. Prevent minors from being taken advantage of by having them do the same job for 1/2 the pay.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• I was unaware anyone had pointed fingers at anyone in PA specifically for not having a job.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• What question sparked this one? I am nosy.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• huh? I must have missed the post where someone said this.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• There is so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin.
    Anonymous

• Well in the case of my BIL and SIL,its true about them getting off their asses! he works a 20 hours a week job driving school bus(no job in the summer) and she doesn't work at all!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I'm sure there are people who fall into both categories - those who work and those who don't.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• This is why I say that higher education AFTER high school is so important. Get a 4 year degree and you will be making a whole lot more than minimum wage and then the other minimum wage, manual labor jobs can go to kids who are earning money for college.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• "Not that education is not important it just isn't very relevant at this time in history." This is very true where I live too.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 6:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My sister has her Masters in Education and when the system downsized she went. She had 6 years with them. In my area every time a school system asks for a levi to be passed it is denied. We are to the point to where we have taken away art,physical education,and music. Transportion also went as did most freshman sports.
    as to answer the post,I only work PT ,I also have a special needs son,I need PA
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 9:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Nothing here (today) It was another forum. Though it has been brought up here many times in the past.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2011