I need help with dinner!

So we haven't been to the store in forever and I have NO idea what to make for dinner. This is about all I've got to work with....

Hamburger, refried beans, cream of chicken, baked beans, green beans, cheese, potatoes, rotel, doritos.... some tortilla chips, rice... Not much.

Its only needs to feed me and my DH because the kids will be in bed by the time he gets home for dinner...

Anyone think of anything I can do with that? Im thinking something mexicany because I do have taco seasoning. but idk. HELP! lol

husky_grlie08

Asked by husky_grlie08 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Food & Drink

• fry up the hamburger and mix it in the baked beans eat over toast or rice. Top with cheese if you like! Serve with whatever veggie you have green beans I guess.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Saute the hamburger toss it with the rotel put refried beans in bottom of dish, top with burger mixture, then top with cheese. put under broiler just to warm beans and melt cheese. Serve with the chips. You can also just crush the chips on top of the burger mixture and then add cheese. and eat it with a fork. to make it more hardy you can toss in cube potatoes.
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 5:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• If you have tomato sauce you can make porcupine balls. Combine 1 lb of raw hamburger meat and 1/2 cup of rice plus your favorite seasonings. Roll them into golf ball sized meatballs, but in a casserole dish, pour tomato sauce or tomato soup over the meatballs and bake for 1 hour. I make these once a week for my family, but I use ground turkey now instead.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 5:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• If I even have any questions about dinner I always go to tasteofhome.com, I type in what I have in my fridge and it does the rest for me. Aslo I can click on the recipies Id like to make that week and it makes my shopping list for me, its awesome :) gl
    dedicatedmama2

Answer by dedicatedmama2 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• tasteofhome. com is a great website. It sounds like you have everything to make some sort of Mexican dinner. You could even get creative with a mexican version of Shepards Pie. Good luck.
    Cissygirl71285

Answer by Cissygirl71285 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Taco salad!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• bump
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Hamburger surprise!
    brown a lb of ground beef, drain. Mix with a can of cream of mushroom soup. Layer in the bottom of baking dish. Layer 2 cans of green beans over that. Layer prepared mashed potatoes over that. Layer cheese over that. Bake until heated throughout. YUMMY! Kind of like a Sheppard's Pie.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2011