Doc appointment

Yesterday I went in for my 38 week check up. The doctor checked my cervix, I'm almost 1 cm. Not that it means anything, I already know that. I'm expecting to go late this time like I did with my daughter (she was born at 41 weeks). Any way I asked my questions and that was it. They didnt check the fundal height. Is that normal for them not to check so close to the due date?

SMG1120

Asked by SMG1120 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• maybe they forgot i got mine checked all the time expectially at the end

chelsie2011

Answer by chelsie2011 at 5:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Probably forgot~
    you can check it yourself (with help), but it's more accurate to have the same person do it in the same manner if possible.
    Anyhow, just an estimate anyway.
    Did you get palpated?
    Is your baby still in the same position?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Well I got my blood pressure checked, my cervix, the baby's heart beat, and he checked to make sure baby was still head down. So no baby hasnt changed position, he's still head down. They only thing he didnt do was fundal height. So maybe he did forget.
    SMG1120

Comment by SMG1120 (original poster) at 7:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2011