IMPORTANT: What would you suggest. Induced labor,

Alright so i have Mild Preeclampsia, And the dr informed me he really wants to incude for health reasons. ( High blood pressure eradic heart rate and other medical issues) My issue is with the drug they want to use Cytotec , but my sister inlaw claims it way to dangerous, And that i should Wait it out. or switch drugs. But i cant really use Pitosin since i already have a blood pressure issue... what should i do? Or rather what Drug should i suggest. or should i just not worry?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, cytotec is very dangerous. Is Cervadil an option? All induction drugs are dangerous, but if you have to, you have to.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 5:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I would ask the doctor about the drug they want to use and how dangerous it is. And if there were any other drugs you could use instead if the risks and dangers are to high. Or you can look it up and do some research to make sure you have all the facts.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• talk to your doctor about what other drugs u can use and if theres any other way to get induced
    chelsie2011

Answer by chelsie2011 at 5:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Do you trust your doctor? If you do then you need to listen to the advice he's given you, if not then you need to change doctors. Everyone has their own opionion on what is better for you or what worked best for them, you and your baby are at stake here not anyone else, what worked for others may not always work for you. Preeclampsia is serious so your doctor is just looking out for the 2 of you :) do lots of google seaches and have an open communication with your doc GL
    dedicatedmama2

Answer by dedicatedmama2 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I had cytotec this last time and it didn't work so they ended up doing pitocin with me anyway (which is what I've had twice before). I would ask if you can opt for pitocin. I don't know what all the side effects of cytotec are, but I gained 7lbs in the hospital even after delivering a 7lbs 7oz baby, placenta, amniotic fluid, blood, etc...and all that fluid I had in me put pressure on my lungs and chest, collected in my boobs, and didn't go away for over a week. I honest to god thought I was going to die. I would never have it again.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Cytotec is definitely something you should investigate
    and consider avoiding.

It is fast, effective, and inexpensive.
    Doctors can make up their dosage and how to administer (since it's not a labor drug/not meant for induction.)
    Also not FDA-approved with pregnancy and labor, irreversible, linked to amniotic fluid embolism and other serious risks.
    There are alternatives.

Why use something linked to so many issues?
    If you NEED to induce look into alternatives, too.

If health & safety are your priority, information/self-education is very important.
    Mild pre-e may be remedied, don't know the severity with the other issues, but induction may be avoidable.
    Maybe you don't *need* to induce, check into your options. Get other opinions~~

doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:05 PM on Jul. 6, 2011