What other options are there.... if any

We want to adopt a little bit older child. We wouldn't turn down an infant, but we are not just seeking to adopt and infant and we are open to a sibling group. Other than a private adoption agency, running an ad in a newspaper, or DCS, are there any other ways for us to adopt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Adoption

• I think you covered them all....
    Anonymous

• yes in some towns there are group homes for pregnat women who want to give there babys up for adoption... i would see if there is one in ur town...
    Anonymous

• I wonder if you could talk with minister's or other religious leaders. They might know of someone who is looking for someone to adopt a child or children.

Answer by Bmat at 4:53 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• adopting an older child or sibling group should be much easier for you than adopting a baby, as most people only want babies. Contact your local CPS or do a google search for adoptions in your state, you should find your state adoption site and you can see the children in your own state that are up for adoption.
    RenaeMom3277

Answer by RenaeMom3277 at 4:55 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I would say that DCS will be your best bet. Is there a reason you don't want to go that route?
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 5:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Littlebit722 ~ We are trying to go through DCS, but they're telling us they can't afford to do our homestudy. We started this in September and it is getting frustrating.
    Anonymous

• What?? Can't afford your homestudy? How extremely frustrating. Sometimes it seems like they don't want these children to get adopted. Have you tried going up the chain of command?
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Put the word out that you are looking at your church. At your parents church. Tell all your friends to tell their families. Network with those you already know and socialize with. My sister got her twin boys like this. A mother of a friend knew a girl ....It can't hurt and at least you will know you covered all your bases.
    BTW..when we had to adopt our own grandkids last year the home study was $700
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Littlebit722~ I am now starting to do that. I hope to hear something positive soon.
    Anonymous

• Um, to who said that there are homes where girls WANT to give up their babies. Actually, 97% of these women are coerced by lawyers who stand to make a huge profit, parents who are embarrassed of them, prospective adoptive parents who have "bonded" with the baby and they can't let the couple down, etc. It's a rare case when a mom doesn't want her own child. I study this so I have a bit of an idea of what I'm talking about! Foster care would most likely be your most ethical route. Do not advertise for a baby-it's wrong. So is trying to find a pregnant girl who is feeling pressure to give up her child. Go for a child who has been truly abandoned and actually NEEDS a home. Good luck!
    orangeorbie

Answer by orangeorbie at 10:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2008