Any nutrition book recommendations?

I'm looking for a good, all-around book on nutrition. I'm wanting to really get a hang on this. i don't want anything fringy, so no "no (fruit, wheat, peanut, yeast, etc)" diets. Just some good, evidence based information on building a healthy diet for a family. I'm watching Food Matters and am in utter agreement, for once lol. I usually hate these documentaries, but I am completely convinced by my own experience that nutrition is PARAMOUNT to good health, but I feel like I don't know anywhere near enough about it.

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 6:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Health

• i don't have a book, but when i think about the best nutrition, i think about how the native indians probably ate. lots of green veggies, fresh fish, clean water, nuts, seeds and berries as the mainstay.
    i think the furthere away a "food" is from its natural source, the less goodness it has for you.
    For instance, an apple is better than apple sauce which is better than apple juice.

(personally, we do not consume very much dairy in our home...when we do we consider it junk food)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2011