Did u really use it?

I read the list of things Im suppose to pack for my bag to take to the hospital. What Im wondering is did you even use half the stuff your brought? If so, what? I dont want to bring alot of useless things.

Jennyv143

Asked by Jennyv143 at 4:55 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i took

for me-
    slippers, a rob,5 pairs of undies, jammie pants and shirts

for baby 6 outfits jamiies, burp cloths and slippies

i used all of it... plus remmeber something for u to do when baby is sleeping
    Anonymous

• comfy clothes to go home in, baby outfit, pillow, slippers/easy on/off shoes, hygiene stuff, camera, lots of maternity panties
    that's pretty much all i can think that i used
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 4:59 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i took
    jamies for after delivery to sleep in, socks or slippers, a comfy outfit to wear home lots of panties, hygiene stuff and a camera.

for baby we packed a outfit and a hat with socks.
    they put your baby in a little shirt when its born so there really isnt a need to pack more then one outfit for your baby.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:02 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• definately some comfy easy to put on clothes to go home in especially if you have to have a c-section. underwear and bring your own pads if you dont want to use the hospitals. toothbrush hair brush. and you get to take a shower before you go so i would bring your soap and shampoo from home because usually the hospitals suck lol. maybe one of your own piillows i did becuase i didnt like the hospital pillows.
    burtney0921

Answer by burtney0921 at 5:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i brought clothes enough for after delivery til go home clothes.. undies ... socks!!! :)
    clothes for baby.. ij ust left him in the hospital shirts thought. it was easier..
    shampoo, soap, hair dryer, tooth brush and paste, umm camera

you don't need diapers, formula, bottles, binky, blanket, (except for going home depending on weather and time of year)
    the hospital provides all of that.... COMFY PILLOW!! and the above poster said something to do when the baby is sleeping, YOU WILL WANT TO SLEEP!! or won't be able to because of all the guests... BLAHH!! :) i wouldn't worry about that

Thats really all that yo need
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Necessities for you: Obviously your toiletries stuff (and don't forget that DH need his stuff as well), camera, vido camera, laptop, FOOD, nursing bra/tank top, big undies for going home, a comfy outfit for going home, comfy pjs, comfy slippers or socks

Necessities for baby: Going home outfit and car seat.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:13 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i didnt pack anything because i only changed when it was time for me to leave but u could pack comfy slippers or if u want to use a robe or extra blankets it would be useful but dont over pack.
    babyjazz22090

Answer by babyjazz22090 at 5:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• The clothes for you and baby, slippers,hygiene stuff,your pillow as above posters said. Dont forget your camera, snacks, focal point object if you have something specific. I had a really, really long back labor. The LaMaze coach saved my DH when she suggested the tennis balls in a sock...they helped to couter act the pressure a lot. I also took 2 nursing bras, nursing pads, and nipple cream. The second day there my Mom brought me a satin sleep mask for napping in the daytime when baby was asleep. That was a lifesaver. This was a lot of years ago and I was in for 5 days after a C-section. It's easier to send stuff home that you aren't using than it is for hubby to find "XYZ" item at 3 am..lol
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• ha, yea i didnt use half the shit i took with me for real. seriously....all i used was my toiletries, socks, a nightgown, going home outfit for me, blanket for baby, hat for baby, shirt for baby, socks, a camera and phone charger. they will give you a pacifier for baby, nipple cream, a hat, blanket, a shirt for baby....
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 5:56 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i brought a diaper bag with a going home outfit for baby. the hospital put the baby in something while we were there. they also gave me diapers, wipes, a blanket, desatine, thermometer and other things for baby, so my diaper bag wasn't even needed.

i brought a change of clothes for going home for myself aswell. they provided me with nightgowns, toothpaste & brush, and anything else i would have needed. i do wish i had brought a pair of slippers though. i slept when baby slept, i was so tired, or visited with people coming and going. don't forget a camera! i did.  

i am a minimalist though...

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 6:05 PM on Dec. 16, 2008