Can anyone explain ovulation to me?

My first day of my last period was June 18th 2011 and my ovulation days were from the 28th through the 3rd and my highest fertility/lh surge was on the 2nd i was wondering what are my chances are getting pregnant? My husband got home on the first and we did it a few times. Can anyone help me. I am trying to get pg In July before my husband leaves July 28th back to Korea for another 7 months.
thanks

susaninman

Asked by susaninman at 6:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Instead of trying to plan out the medical part of it, just focus on loving him. You can get pregnant wether or not you are following your ovulation. Just have fun, make love and don't look at it as a necessity. You will have far greater chance of concieving while just enjoying yourself. Just make it part of your daily ritual. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 6:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Have sex like rabbits before he leaves and there is a really good chance you will be. OTher then that, there is no way to absolutely sure.

As far as your question please try Web MD I am sure it will be a more precise answer.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 7:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• If you had your LH surge on the 2nd, you probably didn't ovulate until the 3rd. The surge is what triggers your ovulation within about 24 hours of the positive test. The good news is that your actual fertility window is very short, so it is good to have his semen in you and waiting for your egg, and you might have gotten the job done! If not, try the last couple days he is home...that may be cutting it too close though.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2011