I am trying to start working on a scrapbook for my son...... any ideas????? where can i get scrapbook material from..... any ideas on how i should design it?

survivormama10

Asked by survivormama10 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• walmart would be the cheapest. I LOVE SCRAP BOOKING!!!!!!!! sooo fun also micheals and there are alot of online places to order the starting kits from :D GL mommy!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Ok first advice do not go crazy. i went a little nuts when i first started scrapbooking. you can go to ac moor or micheals. start simple. there is so many cool things you can do. buy glue stick, scissors even though i prefer a paper cutter, paper, keep it simple. if you want there are groups on here for ideas. you can always look and google scrapbook for boys. its your own creation. just have fun!
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:05 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Wal-mart, Target. Any craft store or reg store have isles of scrap booking material. Tons of fun!
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 7:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Walmart, Target, Kmart, Dollar Tree, Michaels, Christmas Tree Shop, Joanns... anywhere almost will have supplies!

Are you just doing a general book of him being young? If so I would do a timeline of sorts start with birth, first few months, 6months, next few months, 1year, & so on. You dont have to keep the photos as a 4x6 either you can cut them into shapes & this will save room too. If you'd like get some colored paper cut your photo tape/glue onto the paper then cut a boarder around the photo it will look cute this is how I do mine! Stick into album & write things like age, date, & a blurb of what happened!

Also if you hit google you will find lots of examples just type in scrapbook pages or something & hit images.

Use mags, wrapping paper, etc for pics. I always save wrapping paper that is cute whenever & cut out the little pics! Good luck!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I do scrapbooking and i buy most of my materials from Michaels craft store. I have small grandkids & i get stickers of their favorite cartoon and movie characters to decorate their pages, i also get holiday stickers and birthday stickers for my pages. I keep my pages simple with stickers and stuff.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 7:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I would recommend that you contact a Creative Memories consultant in your area, and find out about Scrapbooking weekend work shops. Creative Memories has good material, but pricey. I buy only CM scrapbooks because they are so well made, and I don't like the post bound books available at Hobby Lobby or Micheals. But the workshops are typically held in a motel for Friday night, all day Saturday and half of Sunday. Lots of women come with their materials, and share cutters, share ideas, and chat. I go twice a year - it's my "mommy" time. I get more done in a three-day weekend that I can get done all year at home. Also, seeing what others are doing helps you learn techniques and ideas, and develop your own style. And it's fun.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 10:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• All above and a cd where you can print specific items and letters. I like to use a Big Letter in the first sentence in my foto Story.. And use foto shappers like stars flower or circule to add more fotos in the page . I am a scrapbook pro i have photo edge cutter and a use a lot of craf to create a wonderful page moment ...luck
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I started scrapbooking about 2 years ago - it's addictive! Lately, I've been creating scrapbook pages to give to people as their baby shower gifts....I create the pages and all they have to do is add the photos. For me, Michael's is my favorite store to buy scrapbooking supplies - I could spend hours plus lots of $$ in there! As far as designing - that's completely up to you! You can look online for some ideas, but usually if you just take what you know and love about your son - it will fill up the pages no problem! Have fun!
    LDS2184

Answer by LDS2184 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• look on e-bay under pre-made scrapbook pages. You can get so many ideas from what people are selling.
    CarrieR62

Answer by CarrieR62 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2011