Got my period after a twin miscarriage. It is verry dark, black, and heavy flow is this normal? adult content

Had a miscarriage a monthe ago at 16+weeks. was my first pregnancy and was pregnant with twins. I havent had my post miscarriege check up. I got my period today and I'm having really bad cramps and a headache. It is verry dark, black, and heavy flow is this normal?

jisabelle

Asked by jisabelle at 7:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Health

• I am so sorry for your loss. I would assume this is normal as your uterus is cleaning itself out. If you start to run a temperature I would get concerned. Call and talk to a nurse, she will relieve your worrries.. Good Luck.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 7:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I'd call the doctor. What you're experiencing might be an indication that part of the pregnancy didn't come out with the miscarriage. I'm so sorry for your loss. They are difficult on an emotional level, you don't need medical issues on top of that. i know because I've had 4 losses.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2011