when is a good time to have another baby?

my son is a year old and i was wondering when is the best time to have another should it be close in age or two years apart?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had my two 19 months apart. It was harder in the beginning but they are 2 and 3 now and are great friends.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 12:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Mine are 2 1/2 years apart. My oldest is the girl and she mommies her lil brother. She does really good with him. But, that is a decision only you can make!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 12:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Mine oldest two are 28 months apart. The next age gap between my kids is 3 1/2 years and the age gap between my 3rd and 4th is 4 1/2 years. I would not have it any other way and yes they are all close. I choose to have them further apart because I believe each child should have there own time of being the baby. Something that is very hard to do when they are born one right after another. Also works out great because the older ones can help out.
    Anonymous

• Are you ready for another baby? I think that is the more important question. If you are ready for a baby then you should go forward with your planning. If you are not ready for a baby then it shouldn't matter whether you want your kids close together or far apart. Personally we are spreading our kids out. My DF has 2 sons from a previous marriage and they are 2 years apart and they fight like cats and dogs. We are wanting 3+ years separating our LO and our next one.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 1:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I agree with the above answer the best time is when you're ready mine are 1 1/2 years apart and while my daughter came a little earlier than i originally planed i wouldn't trade her for the world even though they wear me out alot!
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I think the perfect time separation is when the first turns two, the second one be born, if you want more than one. IMHO
    s.c.a.r.l.e.t.

Answer by s.c.a.r.l.e.t. at 1:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• As with so many other things... there is no best time.
    There are some benefits of closer spacing and there are some of having them further apart. There are drawbacks to both too.

The main things are:
    Is your body ready? At this point, probably.
    Do you have the patience for a newborn now?

An important thing to NOT consider... they will be "friends" if they are closer in age (or further apart). If they are the same sex, they MAY play together or they may fight all the more. If they are different sexes, they MAY play together or they may fight all the more. What they do will partly depend on how they are raised but MOSTLY it will depend on their individual temperments - which you can't change and can't predict.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• close together is always better so you dont have to many years between my friend had a girl Jan 20,08 and also has a 7 year old boy so if your going to have more then 1 start kind of early
    Anonymous

• My three are all just about 2.5 years apart. I liked this because one was on their way out of diapers, and I was able to give them my "baby-time attention." They are also old enough to unserstand on some level the excitment of the new baby. We are going to start trying for #4 and that last baby will be around 3 years or so after my last one. I think anytime is good, there are pros and cons to all the age combos if you think to hard. Best wishes!
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• There rea;;y is no best time...it's all based on people's opinions, which obviously differ a lot! My two oldest are 13 months apart and are eachother's favorite playmates. My second and third child are 2 years apart. They don't have quite as much in common right now. Make sure your body is ready and make sure you're mentally prepared to take on the extra challenge :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2008