Could it be bad?

I know that a UTI isnt really a bad thing but I'm having ALOT of vaginal pain and back pain with this one I just found out I had today as i dont get signs of having one like when i go to the bathroom. Anyway I was at the hospital the other day and they checked my urine and they said it was PERFECT. Now i go to the dr today and they say there is a lot of blood protein and bacteria in it. And they gave me macrobid. But they were pissed that the hospital didnt catch it. Could it be bad if it wasnt caught? I'm 35 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Not only can it cause kidney infections, but it can also put you in pre-term labor! Take the Macrobid, and drink as much cranberry juice as you can. Make sure it's 100% juice, though, not a "juice cocktail". I personally get them all the time (even more often when I'm pregnant), and mix the cranberry juice with seltzer water because I can't stand the bitter taste of the juice straight. It should only take the antibiotics a day or two to take effect, but make sure you take them until they're gone!
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 6:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• yes it can cause a kidney infection if not cought early enough. which may explain the back pain and vaginal pain. just make sure you take your medication im sure you will be fine also drink lots of cranberry juice it will help flush the kidneys out good. i dont know if you can take anything for the pain though since your pregnant they do make a little red pill you can buy over the counter to help with uti pain but i dont know if its safe to take while pregnant.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:13 PM on Dec. 16, 2008