What are good activities to keep post partum depression at bay?

BellaTragedia

Asked by BellaTragedia at 7:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• I know what helped me was having my mom come over and spend time with me we went out for car rides looked at halloween decorations and just made sure that we were always doing things i found this a better solution then medicine or therapy even just putting my dd in a stroller and walking around seemed to make me happier goodluck
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 10:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Exercise, don't isolate, Stay in well lit areas, get outside, keep busy, and eat healthy.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• What was your passion or hobby before you got pregnant? I know its hard to find the time but try to keep doing it even if its only a few mins a day. Its important not to lose yourself
    LuvMyConor

Answer by LuvMyConor at 7:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Visit with family and friends, go to the park or the mall. Make the first few visits out brief and work your way back into a normal routine. Staying home or staying in your room will only make it worse. If you can't seem to knock it on your own then see a doctor for some help getting it out of your system.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• thanks everyone for your support, i will def try and keep happy for me and baby. :)
    BellaTragedia

Comment by BellaTragedia (original poster) at 9:05 AM on Jul. 7, 2011