Do you wear a wrist watch?

As recently as a half-decade ago, time seemed to be running out for the wristwatch. With cellphones, iPods and other clock-equipped devices becoming ubiquitous, armchair sociologists were writing off the wristwatch as an antique, joining VHS tapes, Walkman players and pocket calculators on the slag heap of outmoded gadgets.

The wristwatch “may be going the way of the abacus,” declared a news article in The Sacramento Bee in 2006. The Times of London had it “going the same way as the sundial.” The Boston Globe, in a 2005 lifestyle feature, was more definitive: “Anyone who needs to know the time these days would be wise to ask someone over the age of 30. To most young people, the wristwatch is an obsolete artifact.”

Or, not.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/07/fashion/watches-are-rediscovered-by-the-cellphone-generation.html?_r=1&ref=style

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I used to wear one but got tired of replacing the battery. now I just rely on my cell phone. lol
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 7:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I just use my phone, washing my hand durning the day, I never liked the wetness left under the watch band, when in a hurry...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 7:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I only wear mine at work, other than that I don't wear it.. Hell, I don't have a clock of any kind in my living room.. I have an alarm clock in my bedroom and the microwave in the kitchen has a clock LOL...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I actually prefer having a watch right there easy to see instead of having to dig my phone out; take it out of it's case etc...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 7:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• i dont wear one, but i'm obsessive about knowing what time it is. i'm a walking oxymoron lol :)
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 8:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• i cant wear one, they drive me nuts! i have a pretty good sense of time so i dont really need it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2011