Cures for exhaustion?

I am tired all the time, I have went to the doc and it is low iron and insulin resistance and I just started medication. But I feel like I am cheating my kids out of some fun. It is all I can do to get thru the work day and make dinner. now I am just sitting on the couch w/the laptop watching them play.

What do you ladies do when you are exhausted?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Health

• Sleep and healthy diet are great starts! If you feel like you can, try to go for a walk with the kids...you'll feel better from the exercise and spend time with the kids at the same time.
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 2:11 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Sit, sleep, relax! Its the best thing you can do so you don't over-work yourself!! Good luck, try drinking water, and I hope your medicine kicks in soon :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 7:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I relax and at least interact by talking with them while they play. Then the days I feel good I make up for it (and sometimes go overboard and exhaust myself again :S). I've been noticing too that certain foods do me in - I feel so much better if I just eat a big salad with some lean protein for supper instead of having the chicken with mashed potatoes and a small salad on the side, thigns like that - heavy stuff weighs me down and leaves me drained the next day!
    Anonymous

• Sleep. Sounds like you are on the right track.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Stay out of the heat! Heat can exhaust you. Relax ... are you depressed? Maybe a good depression med. could help! Good luck!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 9:49 AM on Jul. 7, 2011