What do you get a 1 year old for her birthday and Christmas?

Blakes_Mickey

Asked by Blakes_Mickey at 5:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Holidays

• I got my neice some clothes, a set of cute dishes, and a couple of small toys. One of them is a Glow Worm and the other is a Elmo phone. I figured I would go that way instead of getting her a big toy because she's too little to really know what's going on, so I wanted to spend the money on some things she needed and could really use rather than just some toys she might or might not play with!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 5:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I'd get a few things that are perfect for right now (12 month type toys) and a few that she can use between now and the next birthday/Christmas (18 month type toys). I'd put the 18 month stuff up for later so she'll have new stuff when she gets to that stage. Last Christmas my twins were only 4 1/2 months, so I bought an activity table that they started using a few months later; I didn't even open the box up at Christmas, and they had a new toy when they were ready for it. Another option is something a little bigger like a play kitchen or playhouse, depending on how much you want to spend.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:59 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Hello! I am a mommy to two toddlers and I would recommend you get some nice warm PJs! For one- they are snuggly for when they sleep. and for two- I have "snow days" with my kids where we spend all day in our pjs. warm pjs, will keep them snuggly all day long! Good luck!
    Anonymous

• whatever you get, get into the habit of separating the two celebrations..everyone i've ever heard of that had a bday close to xmas always seemed to get slighted because people tend to group the two days into one.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2008