migraine head aches

going to dr in morning for this ,ive been getting migraine head aches for over five months and my stomach turns in side out,tried over the counter meds.dont work. is ther anything that works.

postalmom1967

Asked by postalmom1967 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Health

• Not every headache is a migraine headache. There are quite a few different types of headaches that all have different symptoms. Symptoms of migraine headaches can occur in a variety of combination and can include: Moderate to severe pain that may involve the whole head, or can move from one side of the head to the other Sensitivity to light, Sensitivity to noise Sensitivity to odors Blurred vision Nausea or vomiting, upset stomach, abdominal pain Loss of appetite feelings of being very warm feelings of being very cold Paleness Fatigue Dizziness Fever Bright flashing dots or lights blind spots Wavy or jagged lines

texasMOMto4

Answer by texasMOMto4 at 10:33 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i found that excedrine migrain worked the best but didnt always work.
    I ended up taking Immatrex i think its called it does work.
    Try drinking a cup of coffee or something caffinated though when you first start to feel one coming on and take a excedrine right away to and then lay down in a dark room sometimes that helps them to slow down and not come on full force.
    Anonymous

• thank but ive tryed excedrin migraine ,it used to work not no more.
    postalmom1967

Answer by postalmom1967 at 5:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Excedrine for Migraines with caffinated soda. Or Gatorade
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• They put me on Topamax. Some side effects you will get is some mild weight loss, numbness, crankyness and sleepyness
    Anonymous

• Fioricet and Imitrex work best for me.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:59 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I was having them about twice a week for several months and nothing helped. I feel your pain. They're awful. But I am happy to report that I have been migraine free for about a month and a half now - woo hoo!!! I practice Anusara yoga, and the founder spent a few minutes with me at a workshop showing me some posture adjustments that immediately put a stop to my migraines. Let me see if I can explain this... lol...

(cont)
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:50 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Sit up straight with your spine as straight as possible. Now take a really big huge breath in. Notice how that breath makes you sit even taller. Notive how it makes you raise the sides of your body along your rib cage. Notice how it makes your shoulders lift. Exhale and relax. Then inhale again, and this time roll your shoulders up and back so that your shoulder blades are flat on your back. Your shoulders should remain slightly lifted - do not drop them. Exhale and relax. Now do it again - breathe in, raising your side body, rolling your shoulders up and back. This time also tilt your head slightly upward, so that there is a nice curve in the back of your neck at the base of your skull.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:54 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Every time I feel a migraine starting to come on, I sit and practice this posture for half hour and it stops in it's tracks. I also exaggerate it for brief periods by rolling my shoulders way back and letting my head drop way back. Or you can do the same thing by clasping your hands behind your back, letting your heart melt forward, and dropping your head back.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I hope that made at least a little bit of sense... lol... I wish I had photos to show you...
    BlueFrogMama