i have a 3 week old son should i be with his father

me an his father have been off an on for 2 years for the whole 2 years he has cheated on me just the other day he told me he has changed and wants to be there for me an my son what should i do ..

chelseynbraden

Asked by chelseynbraden at 11:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• Do you believe him when he says he has changed? Its whats in your heart when you answer that question as to what to do.No one can answer that for you.Do you love him enough to forgive him? Will he be a good Dad if you 2 get back together. Whatever you do, don't do it for your childs sake, thats not a good thing. You 2 can be great parents and not be together.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 12:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I think Kat122's advice is right on the money. You need to focus on raising your baby and being good parents. You can do that together or apart. You don't have to commit now. Time will tell if has matured and is ready to focus on his child.
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 12:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• So has made this profound change come NOW? Has he had any professional proof that shows you he is working on his issues. Do you want a cheater/liar in your life as your partner? He could be a great father, but not good for your husband or BF. What do you want, what do you believe, and what does your head tell you? If you take him back go slow, but I only would if he had counselling because that shows effort and desire to improve and change his ways. BEWARE!!!!
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• One more thing......the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior so think about that.
    Teachermom01

• Let him prove it to you first by being a dad. Don't jump into being his girl again. He hasn't proven to you he can even stay away from other women. Tell him what you want him to do for the baby (how much money he needs to be giving you, or what you want him to buy, and how often you want him to spend time with the baby) and see if he follows through.

He doesn't need a place to live does he?
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• let him prove it and don't give in and be with him until he does. you knwo what he's like. you have this opionion of him from what he did to you. its up to him to show you he has changed to your satisfaction.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 3:02 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Take it slow!!! Try dating him some first, let him come over and spend time with the baby, see how he handles that...you'll know if he's changed...just take it slow,give yourself the chance to see how he is before just jumping back in with both feet!! LOL
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:25 AM on Jul. 18, 2008