For those who have had a tubal...

Do/Did you regreat it? I hadone alost 3 ys ago, and regretted it since the day after I got it done....I've been told I'll "get ovet it" but haven't yet....

oregonduck

Asked by oregonduck at 7:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• Give it time. I had the same thing after having 3 kids in 4 years. It is very normal. When the kids get a little older you will be glad you had it done. I promise. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 8:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Nope, I am glad I had it done .
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Had one and no regrets. However I knew I was done with babies when my last one was born five years ago. Yeah sometimes I think it would be nice to have another baby, but it's not going to happen and I'm ok with that.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• i had one 11 yrs ago. I have had moments or a few days here and there - when I did regreat it. BUT now, I feel like I'm on the downhill slide of seeing my kids all grown-up and looking forward in grandkids in the not so near feture, but still looking forward to it.
    I could not imagaion having a 3 or 4 yr old now...If i'd been able to have another baby, when the feeling where there.
    Hang in there...
    A friend just had his first Grandson, I got to hold and play with the baby & got my baby fix....
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 7:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• lol, Im 26 w/a almost 3 and almost 4 y/o.....I just imagined 3 or 4 kids,DF is 42, and says hes too old, it was a hurried choice---since I was having c-section anyway
    oregonduck

Comment by oregonduck (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I had mine done over 9 years ago and no I don't regret it..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• If us women did not yearn to have babies, the species would end. :o) Give yourself a break. You do have a choice however to dwell on the regret or move on from it. I hope you find a way to do that. Best weshes.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 8:22 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• No I've never regretted it

Answer by admckenzie at 8:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I have had mine for 3.5 years. I have never truly regretted it though there are times I miss my kids being babies- I have no desire to add to my family. Our family is complete- no doubt.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Well it's only been 4 months since I had my twin boys (had the tubal done at the same time) so it's way soon to start having any doubts, but i'm sure there are going to be moments where I wish I hadn't We also have a beautiful 4 year old daughter and a 2 year old son aside from the twins so I knew that it was def time to do it.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2011