How long will I have to stay out of school, if my baby is due in December and I'm putting it up for adoption?

LuLu121

Asked by LuLu121 at 8:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Adoption

• Depends on your doctor and your delivery. At least 4-6 weeks. Until your body is healed.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• i guess it depends on when you deliver....there is a winter break in dec. so you might not need to miss any school at all. the adoption agency should be able to tell you how quickly those proceedings should go through (i think it's different for different states and depending on what type of adoption you choose)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• they say 6 weeks for a vaginal and 8 weeks for a c section.. but people heal different i know others who have gone back to work or school 2 weeks after the baby..
    Anonymous

• I went back to work a week after having my son. It all depends on the person, your healing & your doctors.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• A week tops,just no gym for at least a month

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• OK, I'll bite. Why are you putting your baby up for adoption?
    blueberry1

Answer by blueberry1 at 9:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• When I placed my baby, my midwife kept me off work for the full 6 weeks because she was really big and I had some minor damage down there. If she'd been smaller and I hadn't had such a rough deliver, she said 3-4 weeks. But again, that was for work, and I was working in a factory at the time. School shouldn't be as big of an issue - plus it'll be December, maybe you'll have started the semester break (my baby was born on Dec. 21 ;) ). Best wishes to you, I know choosing adoption isn't easy since I've been there - don't succumb to the "I'll bite, why" stuff, it's your choice! ~hugs~
    Anonymous

• Thanks for your alls help, but I'm choosing adoption, because I didn't have the best childhood, I cant afford a child right now, I want to go to college, the guy left me (and I dont want it to grow up with out a dad), I don't have a stable job, I'm only going to be in 11th grade, I'm living in a 2 bedroom apartment, where there is like no space with my mom. So, I have my reasons why I chose this, not trying to be rude at all. And, many people are happy with my decision, because I was so close to having an abortion, but my heart wouldn't let me.
    LuLu121

Comment by LuLu121 (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• It would honestly depend on what your doctor said. I have known people to return to "work" within a week. I would think that school will not be as big a deal, just get a release from gym class from your doctor, like one of the other posters suggested.
    adoptionjen

Answer by adoptionjen at 12:22 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I went back to college when my first was 12 days (11 1/2 days) old. I was part time and I got driven to the door of the building and had to walk up 1/2 flight of stairs. I was taking 3 classes a day on MWF. (No gym in college) This was after a c-section. You will do just fine. I couldn't drive for 6 weeks, but I could walk and I could sit. So that was all I needed.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 9:30 AM on Jul. 7, 2011