Wanting to pay my daughter for her chores.....

My daughter is 9 and helps so much around the house. I feel like she is old enough to start getting paid for it. She folds laundry, does dishes, makes her bed, feeds & waters her dog and takes her out to potty. I think that its time to pay her for the helpful things she does for me. Do you pay your child for his/her chores?? If so how much? Her and I talked about it and all she wants is $5.00 a week. I think that is pretty reasonable. Shes learning responsibility by taking care of needed house work and taking care of her dog. I will probably end up giving her more weekly since $5 isnt much for what she does. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We base ours on age, but " we don't pay for chores". That is just part of helping. It is nice for them to get their own money.
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 9:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• oh love the thumbs down,...i dont get people
    Anonymous

• I think $5 is fine, but do you want to pay her for her chores or just give her an allowance. I've struggled with this decision. I want my kids to know that they need to help out around the house because that's their responsibility as a member of the family not a pay cheque. I don't know. She sounds very helpfull why not just give her an allowance of $5/week and pay her if she goes above and beyond her expected duties?
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• that sound nice
    meliah1

Answer by meliah1 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Food on the table. water to shower. a roof over their head, clothes on their back etc
    Anonymous

• oh and its paid in full every day.
    Anonymous

• I do the same and consider it a reward system also{leave a chore undone $$$ decreases}.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• i dont understand how someone can be so bored they go around giving people thumbs down lol
    Anonymous

• Ok i didnt ask for an argument on here about down votes....I just wanted some advice. So if your not going to give positive advice then DONT ANSWER my post
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Princessbeth i am assuming that it was the ANON answer that downvoted you...Sorry. there are still assholesh ppl in here
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2011